Your gums play an important part in the health of your smile. They hold your teeth in place and help keep bacteria at bay. If you notice your teeth look longer than usual, or your gums are pulling away from your teeth, it means you have a receding gumline. This not only affects the way your smile looks, but if left untreated it can lead to problems down the road. Our gum recession treatment in Deltaville will:
- Reduce your risk for tooth or bone loss
- Help you feel confident about your smile again
- Cover exposed roots to prevent decay
- Provide relief from any discomfort you are experiencing
With over three decades of saving smiles, you can trust Dr. Lennon with your gum concerns. Call today at 804-455-8263 to schedule an appointment.
Repair Your Gums & Restore Your Smile
You might be surprised to learn that gum recession is fairly common among adults. A recent study shows that 50 percent of adults between the ages of 18 and 64 have at least one area of recession in their gums. This problem is often the result of poor oral hygiene habits, injury, or gum disease. Whatever the reason, Dr. Lennon provides treatment that will give you back your healthy gums and improve your oral health. Our gum recession treatment options include:
- Gum Grafting – This is one of the most common solutions to fix your receding gumline. We use tissue from other parts of your mouth, usually from the roof of your mouth, and place it over the exposed roots in your gums. Thanks to a local anesthetic, you won’t feel a thing during this procedure.
- Guided Tissue Regeneration – With this technique, we will use a special laser that removes damaged gum tissue and regenerates new tissue. This procedure not only repairs your gumline, but also restores bone loss.
Gum recession is not only a cosmetic problem. It can also signal other problems in your mouth. Ensure optimal gum health and solve your gum issues with our Deltaville gum recession treatment. We can also discuss other cosmetic and restorative care options to help you get the smile you deserve.
Call Lennon Dental Center at 804-455-8263 for an appointment.